Tuesday 18 May 2021

Transformative Journal (TAN XIN THUNG U2003090/1)

 GIG 1005 Social Engagement

Name

TAN XIN THUNG

Matric Number

U2003090/1

 

Transformative Journal

Before

Before I register for this course, which is GIG1005 Social Engagement, I had heard about this course from my senior. Seniors told us that this course is very interesting but since we will run this course online so it may very regret. They also show us some photos when they run the activity physically. It is quite regretted us but I still looking forward to taking this course. At first, we were told to run the activity with a related topic to our course which is accounting. I appreciate our coordinator, Dr Dalilawati Zainal and our supervisor, Dr Ong Lin Dar for giving us further information about this course, guide and give us some opinion related to the topic chosen. We need to decide on our topic and targeted community. Since our topic should be related to accounting, I think it is quite an informative activity for our targeted community. It is beneficial for them to know more about accounting related information. To complete this course, our main jobs is to prepare two poster/infographic, one awareness video, two asynchronous videos and conduct an asynchronous live class. When I received this information, my first thought is teamwork is important for us to conduct those activities. Before running any activities, we have to come out with one proposal and be accepted by our supervisor.

 

During

To start our activities, my groupmates and I had meetings to discuss this. At last, we have decided to choose ‘Corporate Governance and Ethics’ and agreed by all members. We started to work on our proposal. We divided our jobs and completed them before the dateline given. Our supervisor, Dr Ong Lin Dar approved our proposal and we have been told to start our activities. I feel quite excited and think we should prepare these to make sure our targeted community will feel our activities is useful and beneficial for them. I have asked to prepare for script and content for awareness video and video asynchronous 1 with one of my group members. After completed for all scripts, we proceed to record videos. We were very cooperative in summiting scripts and videos. All of us summited videos at the time we have decided. No one summited the videos late. I feel grateful to have groupmates like them. For asynchronous video, we gather in Microsoft teams to record videos. We only use about 1 hour to complete two videos with only about 1 or 2 take for each video. We are having good corporation in taking videos. Lastly, for synchronous video, we set the date on 30 April 2021. For the targeted community, we share a google form for them to fill and join us. We prepared the scripts and have been divided for different jobs. I have been asked to act as an emcee in the synchronous class because I have experience of doing an emcee but, I am quite worried about this because this will just be my second time being an emcee. I prepared my scripts for the emcee and practised for it. During our rehearsal for the synchronous class, we test for our duration for the whole synchronous class. For the next day is the actual event day, we make sure all the materials are prepared well. I have done my jobs as an emcee although it is not done perfectly with some small pauses, I think I have gained great experience from these activities.

 

After

After all the activities ended, we have to prepare for our final report. In preparing for our report, we have to write down all the things we have done and the duration. I feel quite happy because the tentative set for all activities is followed strictly. We have done it within a month. It is quite efficient. I realised that teamwork is a very important reason for us in this course as it is an online course, and we need to remind each other of the submission dateline. I think we did it quite perfectly and I would like to thank our coordinator, Dr Dalilawati Zainal and our supervisor, Dr Ong Lin Dar for guiding us in this course. I have gained more knowledge after all the activities regarding ‘Corporate Governance and Ethics’. Corporate governance is a topic that I have not learned before but after this, I have some knowledge about this topic. It is a quite challenging topic for us as corporate governance is a new topic, and we need to have some research to make sure the knowledge we pass to our targeted community is correct and did not mislead them. I hope that they have gained something from us. This course gave a great experience for us to dedicate to the community and let them know the significance of corporate governance and also the impact of not following corporate governance and ethics. Overall, I feel very happy to have an opportunity to take this course and I will share my own experience in taking this course with my junior like how my senior share with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Transformative Journal (Tan San Yee U2003081)

  GIG 1005 Social Engagement   Name TAN SAN YEE Matric Number U2003081/1 Transformative Journal Before   First of all, I am very grateful to...